Monday, November 17, 2008

Accelerate the Cure - How to Help

A number of people have asked if they can donate money "for the cause" in connection with the big trip. And although I am not in this explicitly to raise awareness of MS or funds aimed at its cure, I recognize that this is as good an opportunity as I've ever had to do just that. As a result, I'm encouraging everybody who wants to give a little in support of the hundreds of thousands of people like me who suffer through this terrible illness to give to the Accelerated Cure Project. While other MS charities may be more well-known, none that I'm aware of are better dedicated to the goal of not just alleviating the symptoms of MS but actually curing the disease. Call me a dreamer, but that's what I'm talking about when I say let's all get together and do something about MS. My sister has been kind enough to organize this effort and has set up a page to explain the donation process for Accelerated Cure a little better. Please visit it at:

http://www.maiaw.com/donate.html

I'm not even sure if the Accelerated Cure Project knows we're doing this fund-raising (although they did send us some shiny white t-shirts for our trip), but I guess that's not really the point. So please, help if you can. Thanks.

5 comments:

Chris Fargis said...

jordi,

have fun, and good luck on your trip. it's quite an undertaking, but knowing much of the crew you have assembled, i'm sure you'll accomplish your goals and have a great time doing it.

btw, i think the link to maia's page is http://www.maiaw.com/donate.html . the one you listed is dead.

GPW said...

Jordi,
Your trip sounds fantastic! I'm looking forward to following your trip log, and wish and the guys all the best.
Gwen

Rosanne said...

Jordi,

Enjoy...you are walking for all of us.

I know you can do this. You have great determination.

Rosanne, PWMS

Poliana said...

Dear Jordi,

here is Poliana and Magda, landscape designers at your father's company. We love your determination and we wish you a great time on your trip. We are sure that you'll accomplish what you have in your mind.

Poliana said...

Dear Jordi,

here are Poliana and Magda, landscape designers at your father's company. We love your determination and we wish you a great time on your trip. We are sure that you'll accomplish what you have in your mind.